Peugeot 208 vs DS3

bjelivuk

Uredništvo foruma
Peugeot 208 vs DS3

The turbocharged Peugeot 208 hints at the potential of next year’s 208 GTi. We test it against our current top warm hatch, the Citroen DS3

The French have long had a flair for fast hatchbacks, with Citroen and Peugeot masters of the art. The upmarket Citroen DS3 has been a long-time favourite of ours, while the Peugeot name has been synonymous with hot hatches for decades. So will hot versions of the smart new 208 supermini still put a smile on our faces?
The standard 208 saw off the talented Ford Fiesta and Kia Rio in our previous test, thanks to its clean petrol engine and modern cabin. So can it pull off the same trick again?
It’s been fitted with the same BMW-sourced 1.6-litre engine as the Citroen DS3 and, like its rival, is only available as a stylish three-door. Trim is the high-spec Feline.
The DS3 continues to be a hit for Citroen, which has gone hand-in-hand with its recent domination of the World Rally Championship. This DSport model remains our pick of the range, and we prefer it to warm hatches from SEAT and even MINI – so the 208 faces a stern test.

Verdict

As they start with such similar mechanical ingredients, we were expecting these cars to be tough to separate. However, in the end, the 208 fell some way short of overhauling its extrovert cousin.
Peugeot must have been expecting some of the DS3’s magic to rub off on its stylish new supermini, but despite very similar performance figures at the track, the sharper Citroen felt a more natural hot hatch on the road. While we loved the zippy character and admirable efficiency of the 1.2-litre three-cylinder 208 that scooped our Supermini of the Year title, the light, over-assisted steering robs you of the confidence to drive this quicker model with intent.
The crisp and modern interior is good value when compared with less premium competition, but at this price the quality is simply not up to the same standard as similar rivals from MINI and Audi.
The DS3 has a similar problem with materials, but features a more traditional, easier-to-use layout, and the conventional dials and large steering wheel work better than the Peugeot’s miniaturised versions.
Neither car is perfect, but faced with a choice we’d pick the DS3 over the 208 every time. It feels like it was designed for keen drivers from the start, where too often the Peugeot resorts to style over substance. Fingers crossed the GTi will turn that around.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/208/61200/peugeot-208-vs-ds3

:weeabooface:

Dalibor

Dado Tornado
koga zanimaju usporedni testovi citrača sa ostalim autima (a i ostali usporedni), neka posjeti youtube kanala koji je poznat kao "Autoblogger", to su niskozemci, ali imaju vidača sa engleskim titlovima, i dosta su dobri u testiranju...

a imaju i testova solo citrača :palac-gore:

web strane su ima na Autoblog.nl

Marko

Zanimljivi su komentari dobrog djela britanaca koji često francuske automobile časte ružnim epitetima, evo poruke njima - da ste vi radili bolje automobile ne bi vaša konfekcijska autoindustrija "izumrla". :grin:

Dalibor

Dado Tornado
poznata je ljubav engleza i francuza LOL
mene fasciniralo ljubav engleza prema fordu.
imaju opel odnosno njihov vauxhal, ali on im nije fora, već je ford taj kojeg obožavaju.

208 izvana, DS3 iznutra, i jedan onaj 1.2 vti sa 75KS, da ga isprobam.,.,
to bi bil auto :palacgore:

1587 VTS

poznata je ljubav engleza i francuza LOL
mene fasciniralo ljubav engleza prema fordu.
imaju opel odnosno njihov vauxhal, ali on im nije fora, već je ford taj kojeg obožavaju.
Fordovi su redom vrhunski auti, objektivno. Puno bolji i izdrzljiviji od opela, obrnutog wv & co. Najbolji ovjesi, mjenjaci i volani. Vjerojatno nikad nisi posjedovao ni vozio nekog forda generacije od focusa mk1 pa do danas.. Tu se uzitak za volanom pise velikim slovima.
Ne bih ga sebi birao nikad, ali pokusavam biti objektivan. Ford :palac-gore:

Dalibor

Dado Tornado
web strane su ima na Autoblog.nl
prilikom usporednih testova mislio sam na youtube kanal Caradisiac odnosno mattos19 LOL

dobar je youtube kanal autoblogger, odlični testovi i engleski titl, ali što se tiče citroena (i opčenito francuza) ovi gore su prva liga :palac-gore:
samo što je caradisiac na francuskom :doh:, ali isplati se otvoriti ga i u tražilicu kanala upisati comparatif...

Na vrh